Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mark's 1955 Chevrolet Project

Check out Mark's 1955 Chevy project. Mark is a new member and recently wrote me about his Classic Chevy.

I bought this car about 1 1/2 years ago in San Marcos, TX. It was bought from the original owner in a small town about 30 minutes from San Marcos by a father and son as a restore project about 20 years ago so I am the third owner. The son (who has been a frame guy in body shops all his life) has always kept the car indoors so the car is really straight and solid. With the exception of a replaced front pass. lower 1/4 panel (not due to rust) and very little tail pan repair, the car has all the original metal. He had the body blasted, body work done and epoxy primed when I bought it. Since I have had the car, I have removed the body off the frame, and used POR 15 to paint the frame and under the body. I replaced the original rear end with a 1972 Camero rear end, will run a 305 engine and 700R transmission. Other upgrades are 2 inch drop disc in front, 500 series power steering, old air a.c. unit, electric fan and aluminum radiator. Also I have updated the belt system with a serpentine set up out of an 89 GM truck. I am going to keep the car it's original 210 trim and paint it original 50s two tone paint. I still have the exhaust to run, new wiring to install and the front clip to install before I can get it on the road hopefully by early summer.

Thanks Mark hope to see you at the next 1st Saturday Idlers Show and Shine for Cars and Trucks. It's this weekend March 5, 2011. Come join us.